Amigo Loans

Options
Hi, there was lots of discussion about the redress and I claimed. I was told that I would not be paid out, so I challenged this through the amigo portal. Today I received an email from them saying my claim was upheld in full, and to wait for further correspondence regarding redress amount etc. 

I’m wondering if anyone else did the same and got this outcome?

Cheers

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They may have upheld your complaint, but you will not receive a full refund of interest etc, as you might have done otherwise.

Amigo are in the process of being wound down, and having been refused permission to enter a scheme of arrangement, they have opted for the, what they term, the "fallback solution" instead.

This will see customers getting a pay out of 17pence in the pound.

Amigo Loans Scheme | Scheme of Arrangement (amigoscheme.co.uk)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Jonno121
    Options
    Hi, I have received confirmation today that my claim was upheld. As stated above,  they have advised it will not be less than 17p in the pound.  The total claim amount was £8881. Not sure what happens if I don't accept the offer. Any ideas or advice on whether to accept or push back. Many thanks. 
  • MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 December 2023 at 5:10PM
    Options
    If you don't accept the offer, then you won't get anything.

It may be that they will then use that money - and that of anyone else who doesn't want their offer - in increase the amount paid to those who accept the redress, so you will at least be benefitting others, albeit by a very small amount.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jonno121 said:
    Hi, I have received confirmation today that my claim was upheld. As stated above,  they have advised it will not be less than 17p in the pound.  The total claim amount was £8881. Not sure what happens if I don't accept the offer. Any ideas or advice on whether to accept or push back. Many thanks. 
    The company went into administration and that was the agreed amount to pay back to creditors. You cannot push back and ask for more, the administration deal is fixed.

At the end of the day, you had a loan and paid it back - their irresponsible lending means you get some partial refund on top of the loan.
  • Sam7415
    Sam7415 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I paid all my loan back ,did Struggle with some of the payments due to my circumstances changing should I accept this offer the loan was for £3000, my guarantor paid at least half back , yet they have offered £30 do I accept 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sam7415 said:
    Hi I paid all my loan back ,did Struggle with some of the payments due to my circumstances changing should I accept this offer the loan was for £3000, my guarantor paid at least half back , yet they have offered £30 do I accept 
     As already mentioned a couple of times above, the company went into administration.  If you don't accept you don't get anything and the money will be redistributed to other creditors.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sam7415
    Sam7415 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thankyou ,I suppose £30 is £30 lol , thanks for the advice 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business