Buildings insurance question

Hello, I live in a converted Victorian property that is split into 3 flats. We all share the freehold. When we moved in initally we just got our own buildings insurance but were then told we all need to be with the same insurer (but separate accounts). We couldn’t get subsidence cover with the company that the other 2 used so have since moved our insurance again!
One of the other freeholders is arguing that they now need to move to our insurer. When we got our insurance we were asked about the property and if we were freeholders and no question was asked about the other flats. Does anyone know if this is an issue or not? Surely if it was insurance companies would ask more when insuring?
any advice welcome please!! 


  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,364
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    duplicate thread
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards