Unfair dismissal holiday pay

Hi everyone bit of a weird one,I’ve worked part time for 3 years 16 hours a week for an employer,I never received a contract even tho asking on numerous occasions,also I’ve never received any holiday pay simply stating we don’t pay holiday pay,I have every pay slip for the 3 years but never any deductions for holiday pay just basic 16hrs at minimum wage,yet when I have taken time off for holiday and asked for pay I’ve being refused,yet a pay slip is issued for the time off showing 16hrs but no money is paid to me,why would they issue a pay slip if not paying me,also while I kept asking about this I was suddenly deemed a problem and sacked on the spot no warning or disaplinery 
yes you might ask why have I taken this long to sort this or leave I needed the job and felt intimidate to stay any advice would be great

Comments

• Does the Tax Man know you exist yet ?
  • Drakes01
    Drakes01 Posts: 11
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes I received a p60 for my time there also a p45 
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,565
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Go back a step.

Are you saying they gave you a pay slip showing 16 hours pay for your holiday but didn't actually pay you?
  • Drakes01
    Forumite
    Yes every week for 3 years 16 hrs but the weeks I took time off I still got a pay slip but no pay,he used to pay cash each week even tho slip said bank transfer,so if I got the slip but no cash what game is he playing there surely my slip should of said holiday pay or something to the likes,would seem strange to someone that in 3 years I never had a holiday as it would appear on my slip not just basic pay
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It sounds as though they were paying you off the books and you were never registered with them. Depending on what your line of work is I am pretty sure as part-time your holiday should build up over time rather than being given the standard 25 days that most people get from an employer. Sounds very fishy to me
  • Drakes01
    Forumite
    But if I received a p60 and p45 with the company name on it showing my earnings for the year and all pay slips emailed with the company on it,also being able to claim universal credit as my wages where show here,do employers get a tax break or something for holiday pay so if they don’t pay it do they somehow claim threw the tax man for there own accounts ?? Hence the payslip for the time off but no wages
    in the grand scheme of things the wage slip should show holiday pay there only answer as to why I don’t get it is they don’t pay holiday pay
    and as I never got a contract of employment there was no reasonable explanation for this
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,192
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have a friend who works in a shop & they don't get paid when they take time off, instead they get paid an accrual every month of how much holiday they have earned. It works out at 0.1207 hours for very hour worked. So if they worked 100 hours in a month they would have 12.07 hours of holiday pay added ontop of that pay. 
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,565
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was worried you were paid cash. 

Does the p60 equal the sum of all of the payslips including your holiday pay slips where you say you get a slip but no money. 

If so he is committing fraud as he will be claiming the amount recorded as pay as a deduction from the business's profits.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,643
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Very odd, can't even claim it is zero hours contract if they are putting 16 hours but zero amount on the payslips for when you had holiday. Even then zero hours contracts still qualify for holiday pay I believe.

Also, as you had been there more than 2 years, what was the reason giving for letting you go. Have they provided that reason in writing?

May be worth looking at the ACAS site and seeing if you want to take it further.

https://www.acas.org.uk/checking-holiday-entitlement
    https://www.acas.org.uk/dismissals
  • Drakes01
    Forumite
    edited 25 October 2023 at 3:21PM
    I’ve not totaled up my slips and checked between the amounts,but as my wage slips show I’ve never taken any holidays all are just showing 16hrs at basic pay,even the weeks I have taken off the wage slips are just showing basic pay as if I have worked even tho I didn’t get payed for that week,so no deductions ever for holiday pay on any wage slips,so as far as anyone would say looking at my wage slips is you never took any holidays 

ps I forgot to add all other employees have the same situation as in they never had any holiday pay but a wage slip at 16hrs basic pay when they take time off but never paid this amount 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback