Getting Car to MOT with Mr Tyre

Leodogger
Leodogger Posts: 1,260
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
My car expires it's MOT on 2/11/23 but we are in Spain until the end of November.   How far in advance can you book an MOT online with Mr. Tyre if we want to get it done on our return on 27th November.  I have tried to book it now but it will not accept any date after the end of October, so is it only a week in advance you can book it with Mr. Tyre ?

Comments

  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,116
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's unlikely anyone here will know. Why not give them a call?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,197
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Why not book with someone sensible? I could book with my local garage 6 months ahead if I wanted to
  • Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,260
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 25 October 2023 at 1:47PM
    fatbelly said:
    Why not book with someone sensible? I could book with my local garage 6 months ahead if I wanted to
    Well I have to admit I was quite surprised when I couldn't book the MOT longer than a week in front !   I have now written them an email to try to get it booked.   They are the nearest garage and cheapest for the MOT.
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,561
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Why not call them? I know it's old fashioned but I always find a phone call easiest.

    And yes most places let you book a lot longer in advance. 
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,598
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    GrumpyDil said:
    Why not call them? I know it's old fashioned but I always find a phone call easiest.

    And yes most places let you book a lot longer in advance. 
    Could be because the OP is in Spain.
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,561
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    uknick said:
    GrumpyDil said:
    Why not call them? I know it's old fashioned but I always find a phone call easiest.

    And yes most places let you book a lot longer in advance. 
    Could be because the OP is in Spain.
    True, luckily my mobile contract includes overseas minutes still, OP's might as well. 
  • Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,260
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    GrumpyDil said:
    uknick said:
    GrumpyDil said:
    Why not call them? I know it's old fashioned but I always find a phone call easiest.

    And yes most places let you book a lot longer in advance. 
    Could be because the OP is in Spain.
    True, luckily my mobile contract includes overseas minutes still, OP's might as well. 
    Actually I have a PAYG mobile phone in Spain but could call them from here, now though I have an added problem.  I can't renew my tax online without the V5C or the Reminder Letter which I don't have with me, so I can't renew the tax and the MOT runs out on 2nd November !!   Can I renew the tax without these documents?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards