🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Car insurance claim question

Options
Hi all

quick question as I’m trying to do some online quotes for our car insurance and I’m stumped on something.

my other half had a none fault accident in my car as a named driver. The repair work was completed via my insurance.

I’m now doing renewal quotes on her car as her car insurance is due . . . Do I need to put the accident claim down in her name as the driver or my name as the accident was claimed on my insurance?

many thanks. 

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,609 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2023 at 10:05PM
    Options
    The questions will ask about claims for the policyholder and other drivers.  Just answer what is asked.

Your other half has had a non fault claim in the last 5 years, not you.  Whose car they were in doesn't matter.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It goes against her name on a policy where she is the main driver as she had the accident.

It also goes against her name on your policy as a named driver. 
  • piperm87
    piperm87 Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, I thought that would be the case but wanted to make sure I hadn’t misinterpreted the questions
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure