Letting Agents

Does any one know what my right are concerning an over charge of Service Charge taken from my rental income by my Block Management and Letting Agent. To explain. I have a property which  the Head Landlord demands Ground Rent, and is currently the Letting Agent and was also Block Management when this hapoened. During this time I was over charged service charge and this was taken from my rental income. They are now denying this and refusing to refund me. They are no longer in charge of the Block Management and from next year will not be my letting agent. They will still request and invoice me for Ground Rent. My question is would I be within the law to deduct what they owe me from the invoice for Ground Rent?

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,452
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As this was  a business to business transaction, you have no consumer rights I'm sorry to say. It is not usually a good idea to offset money owed to you with money owed by you
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback