🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Royal London Governed Portfolio Funds

Options
I am trying to get to grips with the various Royal London Governed Portfolio Funds. I am currently invested in their GP5 fund. I am 69 and am not expecting to draw against this pension to supplement income. In my head I am sort of thinking this will be for Inheritance / Care Fees, but of course things could change.

I am becoming more cautious as I get older and certainly do not want to take too many risks with this pension pot. I am considering moving from GP5 to GP2 which reduces equities from 62% to 45%. 

They also do a GRIP range (Governed Retirement Income Portfolio), I am not sure if I should look at these as I'm not taking an income, but they do have a different mix of funds with a lower equity percentage than my current plan.

I would appreciate any thoughts if anyone has an understanding of the various Royal London Governed range.

Comments

• JSL_2
    JSL_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hal17 said:
    I am trying to get to grips with the various Royal London Governed Portfolio Funds. I am currently invested in their GP5 fund. I am 69 and am not expecting to draw against this pension to supplement income. In my head I am sort of thinking this will be for Inheritance / Care Fees, but of course things could change.

I am becoming more cautious as I get older and certainly do not want to take too many risks with this pension pot. I am considering moving from GP5 to GP2 which reduces equities from 62% to 45%. 

They also do a GRIP range (Governed Retirement Income Portfolio), I am not sure if I should look at these as I'm not taking an income, but they do have a different mix of funds with a lower equity percentage than my current plan.

I would appreciate any thoughts if anyone has an understanding of the various Royal London Governed range.

I am with Royal London Governed Portfolio 2 , since 2018, which is showing annualised return of 3% over the past 5 years , Through Covid, Ukraine/Russia Conflict and Cost of Living Crisis.  If that is any help to you. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure