Returned to Sage for refund, no response in 5 weeks

I had an abhorrent time with Sage customer services over the last four months with a faulty coffee machine.  It took two months to get someone out out look at it and they eventually agreed to a refund.
I packaged and sent the machine back and they received it 11 Sep via DHL
They were supposed to call me on receipt to arrange the refund.  I have emailed repeatedly but had no response. I would call but want everything in writing as I want a record of everything given how awful their customer services is, even ignoring me when I asked to raise a complaint.

Can anyone suggest a course of action as I need my money back.

I have heard contacting CEO's helps, or could I go to the small claims court? Can I take the CEO to the small claims court?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,684
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    While I get the need of a paper trail, give them a call as it quicker.

As to complaint. Only regulated sectors have to have a complaint process. 

Don't think you can sue CEO, It's the company you need to chase.
    Life in the slow lane
  • jlfrs01
    jlfrs01 Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If you paid with a credit card then 1 quick action open to you is to make a section 75 claim with the credit card company, you can open a dispute over the phone. They'll want details and all you need say is you paid for an item which was faulty, have sent it back 5 weeks ago for a refund and despite contacting them numerous times they refuse to respond. What should happen is you get refunded the full amount and Sage or the merchant handling the transaction for Sage will be contacted for comment. You can even put in for any expenses on top, such as postage and telephone calls, etc.
  • While I get the need of a paper trail, give them a call as it quicker.

As to complaint. Only regulated sectors have to have a complaint process. 

Don't think you can sue CEO, It's the company you need to chase.
    To add to the phone comment - you can always follow the phone call with a ‘as per our call’. It doesn’t necessarily leave a foolproof trail but does help 
  • Thanks all, guess I will have to try to call despite the length of time it takes
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    jlfrs01 said:
    If you paid with a credit card then 1 quick action open to you is to make a section 75 claim with the credit card company, you can open a dispute over the phone. They'll want details and all you need say is you paid for an item which was faulty, have sent it back 5 weeks ago for a refund and despite contacting them numerous times they refuse to respond. What should happen is you get refunded the full amount and Sage or the merchant handling the transaction for Sage will be contacted for comment. You can even put in for any expenses on top, such as postage and telephone calls, etc.
    The process you describe (prompt refund from bank while they contact the merchant) is chargeback rather than section 75 - the latter would typically take longer as it entails the card company being held jointly (but separately) liable rather than them recovering costs from the merchant.  Either could apply here, but chargeback will usually be quicker....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback