Can't please everyone -buyer not happy that I posted their item.

There really is no pleasing some people. Sold something yesterday morning which was a BIN with immediate payment.

Posted it at lunchtime and then mid afternoon I got a message saying they accidentally bought 2 and would like to cancel mine and could I sort out the refund and confirm it had been done..  I print my labels on ebay so it shows as sent. Emailed politely apologising explaining it had been sent and got the response that was there any chance I could intercept it or recall it as it seemed unlikely to have got in the system so quickly after purchase and they really didn't want 2.

Responded politely explaining that no, this had been sent, left it at that. Just got another message saying they are a little disappointed I was unable to assist them especially as they felt they were well within the time frame to have received a refund , but they suppose they will try and cancel the other one instead.

This was on my private account from a  fairly high feedback buyer (some sales with one neg and one neutral) -  item £7 including postage - I fully expect the item to suddenly arrive with a fault and need to be returned at my cost. 
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Had someone place an offer for an item yesterday. I accepted the offer. 
    An hour later I got an email asking me why I had accepted the offer and that they didnt want the item. 

Sorry, but I didn't realise that I wasn't supposed to accept any offers!!!!!
  • zackary71
    zackary71 Posts: 260
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 October 2023 at 12:15PM
    Buyers eh. I had a sale recently paid as B.I.N. and within 1 minute, I received a cancellation request. Messaged back to ask if this was an error. They replied their child had got hold of their phone. I replied back that they'd also managed to successfully make a payment too. Really ? Some achievement indeed. 
  • Molaram
    Molaram Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    Buyers do seem to be getting picky these days.

I had a buyer who sent me a message saying could I please use DPD and "under no circumstances use Royal Mail" as their local sorting office had been taking weeks to deliver. Unfortunately for them I had just been to the post office! Anyway, whatever happened to the seller choosing how to deliver? Listings do say "Royal Mail" on them for a reason.

(Personally I never buy from people who use couriers because I know I will be at work, so I seek out listings that say 1st or 2nd class post).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,905
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    On another board a few weeks back there was a similar thread started by someone whose buyer asked the seller to add a second item to their package and refund the 2nd lot of postage- 2 days after item was sent!  There was also a lot of people wanting parcels recalled and sent via a different courier, a day or 2 after being sent.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sold an fragile item at the beginning of September. Buyer paid and then said not to post until mid-October as they were away on holiday till then (checked they didn’t mean mid-September -  they didn’t.) so I’ve babysat their property through a stressful house move 250 miles  away for six weeks. 

Not so much as a ‘thanks’.

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,905
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Sold an fragile item at the beginning of September. Buyer paid and then said not to post until mid-October as they were away on holiday till then (checked they didn’t mean mid-September -  they didn’t.) so I’ve babysat their property through a stressful house move 250 miles  away for six weeks. 

Also by delaying posting you also lost any paypal protection and got a late defect - it really doesn't pay to help buyers like this any more
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,264
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Sold an fragile item at the beginning of September. Buyer paid and then said not to post until mid-October as they were away on holiday till then (checked they didn’t mean mid-September -  they didn’t.) so I’ve babysat their property through a stressful house move 250 miles  away for six weeks. 

I wouldn't have done this, especially with a house move to contend with. That sale would have been cancelled, refunded and relisted, with the buyer blocked.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback