Conclusive Finance - PPI

Options
Hi, a little while ago I used a company called Brunel Franklin to reclaim PPI - I'd originally tried to do this myself and had got nowhere so came to the conclusion that it was better to get 40% of something rather than 100% of nothing. I got about £230 in the end. I'm now getting contacted quite agressively by a company called Conclusive Financial who say they are acting on behalf of Brunel Franklin, The line is that due to recent case law I'm entitled to more money. They have my address and email address and asked me to confirm my D.O.B. which I didn't do - I asked them to send something out to me so I can look into what they're saying, but of course they won't. The calls are clearly being made from a call centre - I've had 12 calls from them to date. Is anyone aware of a recent judgement that might mean I'm entitled to more money? If so, does anyone have any advice how to persue this? Thanks.

Comments

• The_squirrell
    Options
    there is no change to any recent case law. The Director of Conclusive Finance is also a director of a marketing company, which tells you everything you need to know. Conclusive Finance had net assets of £48.00 in their 2022 accounts and previous directors went on to work at Quanta Law. Just Google them to see what happened.Block the numbers and forget it.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     Is anyone aware of a recent judgement that might mean I'm entitled to more money? 
    There has been no recent case law or changes

There is a theory that is untested and a number of CMCs are trying to get people signed up to be able to justify taking it to court to test it.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback