I have my best interest meeting with social services on Friday to decide if I can visit Sri Lanka!

Options
williewonder
williewonder Posts: 360 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 16 October 2023 at 11:07AM in Disability money matters
They control my money as I have a deputyship. I think I have been doing mentally well. I did get sectioned in July. How can I best portray myself that they release the money so I can book my flight. My travel insurance is over £950 for the 26 days in Sri Lanka as I've been sectioned recently. I have to have travel insurance all 100% they won't book my flights. I'm worried that they'll say I'm not ready for this holiday. Also I become psychotic on my return from Sri Lanka in June with religious delusions. I think this will go against me?

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,769 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They control my money as I have a deputyship. I think I have been doing mentally well. I did get sectioned in July. How can I best portray myself that they release the money so I can book my flight. My travel insurance is over £950 for the 26 days in Sri Lanka as I've been sectioned recently. I have to have travel insurance all 100% they won't book my flights. I'm worried that they'll say I'm not ready for this holiday. Also I become psychotic on my return from Sri Lanka in June with religious delusions. I think this will go against me?
    I'm not sure this is really a matter we can advise on. Those close to you and assessing you are best placed to determine your suitability for travel and treatment. All I can advise is be honest. But hopefully you can get a holiday soon with support.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 October 2023 at 4:17PM
    Options
    It’s not about portraying yourself, it’s about being honest. 
    And I would suggest that yes, the fact that you became unwell after your last holiday is a salient factor that has to be taken into account.
     So what triggers your psychosis (if there is a trigger)  and was there anything about the holiday that was an additional trigger that there is some way of mitigating against if you do go there again? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there something specific about Sri Lanka - eg family ?   
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • williewonder
    Options
    Robin9 said:
    Is there something specific about Sri Lanka - eg family ?   
    No family - just made friends there and I do enjoy my holidays in Sri Lanka.  
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Absolutly not something we can advise on.
    The input will come from your MH team involved in your care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure