New to tumble dryers. Quest on loads

Hi, I'm new to tumble dryers and recently bought an 8kg heat pump.

I was wondering about loads and what I can get away with putting in there, for example how many towels do you put in an 8kg and  other items on other loads?

I've used it 4 times and probably done equivalent of 3 half loads and I guess one full load (double duvet set Inc sheet) I'm wondering maybe I could do two loads in a washing machine (7kg that is not filled right to top) and put them both in dryer in one go?

And I'm really annoyed with myself because I'm usually so cautious and good about stuff especially safety matters but I completely forget about the lint filter and only realised  after the 4th time using it which was when I finally cleaned it. And yet I was so meticulous on emptying the water tank after every load which could have easily managed every 2 loads an empty. I have OCD and autism and fixate and stress on stuff and got it in my head I've probably ruined my dryer-despite drying the last load fine. I'm sure I won't ever forget about it cleaning it after each load from now on but it wouldn't have likely caused any problems in its long term performance? 
I know there is a fire risk and I'm just glad I remembered to clean it when I did. I've lived in my flat 15 yrs and dryers are something I've never had to think about until now so it is all a bit new. 
I'm Autistic. Go easy on me. 😊Terrible at Maths but I'm super good at money management and budgeting.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 October 2023 at 10:04PM
    jadey2024 said:
    And yet I was so meticulous on emptying the water tank after every load which could have easily managed every 2 loads an empty.
    OOT, but are you sure it can't be plumbed into a waste pipe if you have one nearby? What model is it?

I'm sure I won't ever forget about it cleaning it after each load from now on but it wouldn't have likely caused any problems in its long term performance?
    I'm sure this cannot have any effect on the long-term performance.

• grumbler said:
    OOT, but are you sure it can't be plumbed into a waste pipe if you have one nearby? What model is it?

No, it is not near a waste pipe nor can be moved near one. I don't mind manually emptying it.  It is Samsung DV8 TA2. 
    I'm Autistic. Go easy on me. 😊Terrible at Maths but I'm super good at money management and budgeting.
  • Jonboy_1984
    Jonboy_1984 Posts: 1,195
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I worked out I could happily put 4 extra large bath towels in my 8kg AEG to dry, but couldn’t get them in the washing machine to start with as it has a smaller drum and they wouldn’t be able to move in washing machine…

Generally we end up with about 1.5 washing machine loads to the tumble dryer load (the missing 0.5 load generally being Jeans/bras and gym wear that we prefer to air dry).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback