Whats budgeting got to do with Bank Accounts?

13»

Comments

• Baron_Dale
    Baron_Dale Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 October 2023 at 6:06PM
    My only minor gripe with this area of the forum is that it is dominated by questions and discussions about bank switching. Very few people seem to actually discuss budgeting or put forward their figures and real life budgets. For me it is more useful when people actually discuss their real budgets with figures as they have done in the threads in my signature. (Especially the average person)

I know budgets and Statements of Affairs are commonplace in the debt free wannabe section but they are very useful to all. In fact many people stay in that area when debt free and trying to create savings because it is a comfortable area and offers lots of advice.

I really think the topics of budgeting and spending warrant their own section not connected with banking.
    People should also be more confident about talking about real figures. You can easily be anonymous on here. I am always very open about my situation and finances in the threads in my signature. It is useful to me and others. I have also never felt vulnerable by doing so.

Just my point of view.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We had this discussion previously - maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I think there was even a poll. A majority from memory agree with you including myself - they should be separate forums. And yet, here we are. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback