Salary sacrifice EV savings

2»

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    djt91 said:
    Thanks all.

So my employer will be sorting the charger for home, which I will be paying them back after their VAT/tax savings, so yes will need to take this into account, probably around £600.

It does not include insurance, but I have had some quotes and not much of an increase from my current car.

I do very little business mileage, maybe 100-200miles per year so the mileage payments is not really an issue.

I need to change my gas/elec supplier now anyway as the fixed term has ended, so will definitely be looking at the Intelligent Octopus. It looks like a no brainer really if you have an electric car. Can this be done before I get the vehicle? Or do I need to wait until I have it? And does is Gas available on the intelligent Octopus contract?

Thanks.
    You can switch to Octopus variable before you get the car, but only switch to IO once you have the car as it has to do a test charge.
    Gas stays on variable tariff.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Petriix
    Petriix Posts: 2,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    This is so much of a no-brainer I'm surprised you need to ask. You'll love switching to an EV: they're so much more pleasant to drive. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback