🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yorkshire Building Society website messaging problems?

Options
Is the Yorkshire Building Society website having problems with its messaging systems?

I recently applied to open a new account, but even as an existing member it asked me to supply identitification documents (sigh). I needed to message them to get clarification as to whether you need only 1 name + 1 address document or 1 name + 2 address documents if I go to a branch to follow up, as their website isn't clear which situation applies when the application was originally made online. 

When I send a message from within online banking, although the message form (seems to) submit OK, it then returns to the message form, with empty fields. There is no sign of the sent message in the My Messages section, however, which suggests it may not actually have been sent.

In addition, when you try to use the popup feedback form in the internet bank to report this problem, when you try to submit the feedback form, the browser status bar reports the YBS site connecting to pages06.net, but the form does not actually send or close.

So, I finally try the complaint form, and it doesn't seem to send either!

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 October 2023 at 10:47AM
    Options
    to get clarification as to whether you need only 1 name + 1 address document or 1 name + 2 address documents if I go to a branch to follow up,

If you are going to a branch anyway, why not take everything but the kitchen sink? :)

Passport, driving licence, recent bank statement, recent notice of coding.......

More seriously (from  leaflet referenced here)

https://www.ybs.co.uk/help/verifying-your-identity

When ID is needed

We may need ID documents, for example if you’re not listed on the electoral roll or you have recently moved house. 

Please see the boxes on the next page for the ID we’re able to accept.

If you’re applying in person at a branch or agency we’ll need to see one proof of name document and one proof of address document and these must be the original documents.

If you’re sending in the identification by post, we will need to see a third ID document from either box on the next page. You can provide photocopies or the original documents but if you are posting documents which have a photo or signature on them, such as a driving licence or passport you must send photocopies NOT the originals.

You cannot use the same document for both your name and address, and you cannot alter or amend the document in any way and any numbers shown on the document must be visible.

• 1spiral
    1spiral Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not sure if this is your problem but I know in the past I had problems sending messages with characters in. In my case apostrophes were the culprit. Due to timeout issues, I used to type my message into ms word and then paste it. For some reason it didn't like the apostrophes that were pasted across.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    1spiral said:
    Not sure if this is your problem but I know in the past I had problems sending messages with characters in. In my case apostrophes were the culprit. Due to timeout issues, I used to type my message into ms word and then paste it. For some reason it didn't like the apostrophes that were pasted across.
    MS word has weird formatting characters when using copy & past.

Better to use word pad, or note pad which do not have formatting.
    Life in the slow lane
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 October 2023 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Word is weird with those keys. If you use the single quote/apostrophe key Word enters a closing quote. If you then 'undo' (Ctrl-z) it changes it to an apostrophe (like Word Pad, Note Pad or data entry fields use)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure