Consumer Law claim with Amazon?

Purchased Apple AirPods (3rd Gen) from Amazon UK in Dec 2021.
The items were from Amazon EU - not from any third party seller. 

Last week they would not connect to my new iPhone 15. They connect to any other handset, but not to anything with my Apple ID. 
Went to the Apple Store who investigated and it turns out the AirPods are counterfeit - some of the best counterfeits the Apple staff had seen apparently. 

They have provided me with a report stating that the AirPods do not work and are counterfeit, and have advised me to go back to Amazon and claim under consumer law along with the report that they provided me.

I’m at a bit of a loss on what to write to them?
Is there any template or something I can use?

Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• You would just write that they are counterfeit and that you want a refund. Don't ever use templates.

Be aware that Amazon may dispute they are the ones they sent you.
  • GadgetGuru
    GadgetGuru Posts: 578
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Phoned Amazon. 
    Went through explaining the entire scenario to the first person……he transferred me to another…….explained all again……he transferred me to another……..so this time said this was the third time I was explaining it, after which she said she would not forward me on again! Just because the first reps didn’t want to deal with it I guess!

Anyways, explained situation again. 

She asked what troubleshooting steps I had taken. 
    Told her I had just explained to her that I had been to an Apple Genius - what more troubleshooting did she want??

She then went for a while, came back and said I can send the item back in for repair!
    Told her I do not want a repair. It is a counterfeit item. I purchased and paid for a genuine item - why would they repair a counterfeit?

She went again, and after a few moments came back to tell me that I can send the item back in for repair. They have sent me a returns label (although I need to pay return postage myself!) so will send it back tracked tomorrow and see what happens. 

The card I used to purchase at the time has been closed though, although she said they will refund to the card I have on my Amazon account at the moment, which is fine. Hopefully that wont cause any issues!….

To be continued……!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure