🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ISA transfer rules in CURRENT tax year

Options
I have already subscribed to a stocks and shares ISA this tax year and would like to move all my Cash ISA holdings from CURRENT tax year to it - is this allowed?

Also, if after moving, I want to add funds to a cash ISA later this tax year to max out the £20k, is that allowed?

HMRC website only says:

"You can transfer your savings to a different type of ISA or to the same type of ISA.

If you want to transfer money you’ve invested in an ISA during the current year, you must transfer all of it."

Thanks.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As long as you use the receiving provider's ISA transfer process, any such funds transferred are treated as if they'd always been made to the receiving ISA, so you can transfer current year money (all of it) from cash to S&S and then subscribe more new money to another cash ISA, provided the total current year subscriptions are within the overall £20K annual allowance.
  • granta
    granta Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you, that's most helpful to know
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts