UC migration self employed

My partner is self employed. If we migrate to UC part way through a financial year how do they work out income to the point where TCs end when we have no idea what that is until the books are done at end of the year? 


  • Yamor
    Yamor Posts: 315
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You will have to provide an estimate, and you will NOT have an opportunity to amend this at a later stage.

    HMRC say that you should make a realistic and reasonable estimate, which can be based on previous year's accounts, business plans and the like. They advise you to keep notes of how you have calculated it, in case they later want to check it with you.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,519
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    And you will need to get used to doing your accounts monthly anyway as UC require you to report your business accounts on a monthly basis if you choose to claim.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards