Credit reports & linked addresses

So I thought I had gone through my credit reports (statutory) correctly - on a number of occasions - but I have gone through them again with a fine toothed comb and it appears that there are still some minor data inaccuracies.

*a word of warning* - if you are going through your credit files (all 3 cra's) ahead of an important application say a Mortgage application for example, ensure you go through page by page IN DETAIL and cross check everything with your own records, in good time (6-9 months prior to application to enable updates/disputes to take place).

Anyway I digress from my intended post....

I have a very old address under 'linked addresses' which I haven't been at since pre-2014 and my 2018 - 2022 address which both have 'source of address history' or 'confirmed as linked address by.....'. The oldest address is linked by 'Moneybarn No1 Ltd' and then the preceding address is linked by 'Arrow Global Ltd', one being a sub-prime lender and the other being a Debt Collection Agency.

My question is, when a lender views this, will they take the sources of information in to account when making their decision to lend (i.e. a Mortgage company?). Is there anyway of having the sources amended/removed? I understand that linked addresses invariably stay indefinitely on your report unless they are actually incorrect.

Hope someone who is 'in the know' can help?

Thanks in advance,
Save £12k in 2023 challenge #32
Saved Total = £12,000 / £12,000
Save £5k in 2024 challenge #32
Saved Total = £1,184.85 / £5,000

Secured/Unsecured loans x 0
Credit Cards x 6 (total limit £24,250)
Creation FS Retail Account x 1
0% Overdraft x 1 (£250)
Mortgage x £140,250
Debt = £1,014 (0%APR due 22nd July 2024)

Charity fundraising goal for 2024 = £1,000 for animal rehoming / dog fostering etc

Comments

• They won't be able to see the sources of information so won't be able to take them into account.

You can't remove them, but of course then again, you don't need to.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,262
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What are the inaccuracies?  That you have never had any debts with Moneybarn and Arrow?   If you haven't then you could try writing to them to ask them to correct the entry.  But if you have then it would be inaccurate to try to remove them.  

Then again - if there is nothing about outstanding debts with either of these actually listed elsewhere I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Especially with something from 2014 which is financially pretty much ancient history.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MrFrugalFever
    MrFrugalFever Posts: 1,228
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have never taken out any credit with Moneybarn Ltd but I do recall doing an online application with 'CarFinance247' or similar back then which resulted in a hard credit search with them so I guess this is where it comes from.

Arrow Global is accurate as they bought my debt in 2017.

Out of all my accounts with financial history the two companies I didn't want to be appearing on my accounts for updating addresses where those but nevermind, I guess as you've both said, shouldn't have the slightest bit of impact due to no account being present on the report (over 6 years so dropped off) anyway.

Save £12k in 2023 challenge #32
    Saved Total = £12,000 / £12,000
    Save £5k in 2024 challenge #32
    Saved Total = £1,184.85 / £5,000

Secured/Unsecured loans x 0
    Credit Cards x 6 (total limit £24,250)
    Creation FS Retail Account x 1
    0% Overdraft x 1 (£250)
    Mortgage x £140,250
    Debt = £1,014 (0%APR due 22nd July 2024)

Charity fundraising goal for 2024 = £1,000 for animal rehoming / dog fostering etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback