SCE SSS Collection

Sorry if this has been discussed before and if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. Has anyone ever received a payment from SCE SSS Collection? As I have recently and do not know who it's from or for what. Any info would be gratefully received. Thanks

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,271
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Any chance you are in Scotland?  Googling came up with SSSC - Scottish Social Services Council. 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie said:
    Any chance you are in Scotland?  Googling came up with SSSC - Scottish Social Services Council. 
    Unfortunately not. I live on the South Coast of England. Any further south and I’d be in the English Channel!!😂🤣 

when I googled it earlier they only thing I found was something to do with Philippines Social Security System and I have never lived or worked over there!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,855
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    matthewb1977 said:
    I live on the South Coast of England.
    Ah, that must be what the SCE stands for then! ;)
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,271
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    South Coast Equestrian??
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,110
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just wait a few days and see whether a letter turns up to explain it. In the old days you'd have received a letter with a cheque but these days the money arrives first and a letter comes after.
  • boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,158
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'd suggest doing nothing at all for a week or two. The last thing you want to do is flag it up to the bank, because they may well get jittery and freeze your account. 

Roughly how much is the payment? If it's not a significant sum I'd be tempted to ignore it until someone asks about it.
  • boingy said:

Roughly how much is the payment? If it's not a significant sum I'd be tempted to ignore it until someone asks about it.
    It was £50. So not a massive amount but enough to notice it. I’ve put the money aside just in case. 
  • boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,158
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    boingy said:

It was £50. So not a massive amount but enough to notice it. I’ve put the money aside just in case. 
    Yeah, take no action but be prepared for someone to ask for it back at some point.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,617
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    boingy said:

When you say 'put it aside' do you mean you've left it there in the account or moved it aside to another account? It would be best to leave it in the account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback