Iva completed

Options
juliesg
juliesg Posts: 1,362 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My IVA has been completed over a year today I got a letter from Lowell saying they had brought my debt. What happens now? Will they except that it was cleared in my IVA?

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Debts change hands all the time and messages don't get through.

Just tell them that the debt was in a completed IVA
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,076 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You should have some documentation that shows what was included in the IVA.  You may need to supply that but first I'd just write and say it was included and that there's nothing further to pay to anyone.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,894 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The sale of insolvency debts is big business, occasionally IVA`s fail, and the debt becomes recoverable again, or a debt is sold and the new buyer is unaware it was included in your IVA, very little information is included with debts that are sold on.

A simple letter to Lowell, explaining you were in an IVA, that successfully completed, and that the debt they are chasing was an included debt, so you no longer have any liability for it, should suffice.

You may need to include a copy of the debt showing in your IVA schedule, and a copy of your completion certificate, if you don`t Lowell will ask for this anyway, compliance with their instructions is never compulsory, but if you want the matter resolving quickly, its best to pre-empt them on this. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback