Swapped stamps are no good! What to do now?

I sent buyer a package using new bar coded stamps.  Total value was £1.85.  £1.60 stamp was from a whole sheet obtained during the swap.  The rest 10p and 5p were bought from the local post office.   Buyer has just sent me this photo.  she had to pay extra as the stamps are not valid!
I know it is only £1.10 but I feel I should do something as I have rest of the sheets to use up.
What should I do?

Comments

  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,498
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    That's clearly a mistake at the Sorting Office.    Start here:  https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/webforms/contact/c/310

    They may say only the recipient can complain - in which case advise your customer to keep the packaging and do the same.

    It would be nice to send the customer £1.10 if you get it back from Royal Mail.  But you may get the compensation in stamps instead.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,031
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you.  Worth a try.  I am worried about using the rest of the sheets (I have quite a few!)
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 865
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I had something similar, it took a bit of effort but I complained and was given £8 of stamps.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,350
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Surely, the seller has an obligation to repay £1.10 to the customer. Regardless of whether they get it back from RM?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,031
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    GDB2222 said:
    Surely, the seller has an obligation to repay £1.10 to the customer. Regardless of whether they get it back from RM?
    No one was arguing that.  It has already been paid to the buyer.  My problem was that the stamps I got from the swap were "no longer valid for postage".
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,909
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    kalsha said:
    GDB2222 said:
    Surely, the seller has an obligation to repay £1.10 to the customer. Regardless of whether they get it back from RM?
    No one was arguing that.  It has already been paid to the buyer.  My problem was that the stamps I got from the swap were "no longer valid for postage".
    I would be complaining loud and hard with RM, that is quite outrageous. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,031
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    soolin said:
    kalsha said:
    GDB2222 said:
    Surely, the seller has an obligation to repay £1.10 to the customer. Regardless of whether they get it back from RM?
    No one was arguing that.  It has already been paid to the buyer.  My problem was that the stamps I got from the swap were "no longer valid for postage".
    I would be complaining loud and hard with RM, that is quite outrageous. 
    I will do!   Will report the outcome here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards