Vessel for Cats ashes

Options
Unfortunately recently I had to have my beloved cat put to sleep.  After discussing it with my daughter, she wanted him individually cremated and his ashes back.

I have them here, but in a scatter tub (the smallest one), I didn't want to be rushed into choosing something at the Vets. 

I am trying to find an urn that will fit the scatter tube - it's the smallest one and I've seen them on websites that do memorials.  It would need to be something where the lid comes off and the tube can just go in. 

I have tried Etsy and having no luck at the moment as they are all too small.  I found a nice cat sitting on top of a book, but the lid doesn't come off - the ashes are put in via a small hole at the bottom.

For info, I would like something with a black cat (that's what he was).

This is the scatter tube I've got already.  The small one. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1173652998/scatter-tube-and-certificate-bluebell?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_e-home_and_living-spirituality_and_religion-cemetery_and_funeral-caskets_and_urns-other&utm_custom1=_k_CjwKCAjwgsqoBhBNEiwAwe5w0-UHEpM7DdymkB7s4cWjlbua49VY0ieHJ8olHoEmaUAOSPlcry9x4xoC-woQAvD_BwE_k_&utm_content=go_6479444820_77975821135_380838127149_pla-306987236043_c__1173652998engb_102858184&utm_custom2=6479444820&gclid=CjwKCAjwgsqoBhBNEiwAwe5w0-UHEpM7DdymkB7s4cWjlbua49VY0ieHJ8olHoEmaUAOSPlcry9x4xoC-woQAvD_BwE&variation0=3240129348

Thank you. 
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98

Comments

• gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,709 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Any lidded storage container might be suitable if it will fit the tube. There might even be something suitable in the halloween sections of shops if you wanted a black cat motif. Also check out bric a brac in charity shops. It is not something you need to do straight away even headstones on human graves are often left for 12 months.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have  a look on Amazon. they have a selection.

• kimp22
    kimp22 Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i got one of these from etsy I sent a picture and they make it to look like the cat. It was about £130 and took a few weeks to come. 

Kim
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rather late to this, we went with a wooden box for our cat.
    After being on our shelves for over a year we buried her in the back garden with her favourite ball under a newly planted tree.
    Our youngest (who arrived 3 days after she passed) came to watch and help. He turned a sombre occasion into a lighthearted affair.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport