Ebay postage glitch Using Ebay app.

i_love_it
i_love_it Posts: 843
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi all, is there a glitch in eBay atm when buying postage? 
I see y
u now have to add package dimensions as well as weight but no matter what you put in, there’s no parcel option, only large letter. 
I did have one large letter size to send but that sale only gives me option to buy small letter postage. 
I’ve tried all afternoon and updated the app. 
Is it a glitch or did I miss something new, especially as they keep promoting packlink.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,881
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    edited 27 September 2023 at 6:35AM
    i_love_it said:
    Hi all, is there a glitch in eBay atm when buying postage? 
    I see y
    u now have to add package dimensions as well as weight but no matter what you put in, there’s no parcel option, only large letter. 
    I did have one large letter size to send but that sale only gives me option to buy small letter postage. 
    I’ve tried all afternoon and updated the app. 
    Is it a glitch or did I miss something new, especially as they keep promoting packlink.
    I’ve nothing to post at the moment as my holiday settings are on so I can’t check, it’s slightly worrying though if the LL  options have gone as those are the ones increasing on Monday. 

EDIT I’ve just done a test run, I think when the pop up comes up ‘don’t’ choose eBay postage as that is packlink so no LL options, stick with the other option and you get the RM screen as usual, no dimensions needed and LL is still there. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 843
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2023 at 8:02AM
    It’s actually the parcel option that is missing. 
    It is only large letter that is available despite my weight and dimensions requiring small parcel. 

I’m not clicking the pack link option, I’m questioning if eBay has removed the Royal Mail parcel option while promoting the pack link options. 

I tried to send parcels with eBay postage and only large letter came up to purchase. 

I did have one large letter size and so when I try to buy postage for that sale, only small letter comes up as available.

I am adding the correct weight and dimensions for the postage required. 
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    On my test run nothing had changed , I have no option for dimensions, just weight. I can see all the normal options. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ok Thanks for confirming. The problem is on the app and it still persists today however on the main website which I rarely use I did manage to purchase postage.
  • I never use ebay's postage cause of this. Its a pain in the !!!!!! and always inaccurate.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    joeypesci said:
    I never use ebay's postage cause of this. It’s a pain in the !!!!!! and always inaccurate.
    I’ve never found it inaccurate, what have you found wrong with it? 
  • The only time I’ve previously experienced problems was during the Royal Mail strikes when they removed options another than special delivery etc. 
    that was not an error though and purposely done. 
    I’ve always used the app for postage. 
    The problem still persists, it’s very frustrating. I can’t find any information about it or anyone else complaining about it. 
    The fact they have introduced dimensions as well as weight, then only show incorrect options is most odd. 

Small parcel dimensions let you only buy large letter labels. 
    Large letter dimensions let you only by standard letter labels. 

People must be getting caught out by this. 
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    I can’t see any mention of it anywhere, my only last gasp suggestion is whether you are somehow being directed to eBay .com as they do use dimensions as well as weight, but it seems unlikely as I’m sure you would have noticed. 

I only did a cursory look on the eBay community boards , perhaps a more detailed search might turn up others affected. 

EDIT I’ve just tried again and I am getting a different screen! I click on close when it offers me ebaypostage at a special offer and now I can see 
    letter
    padded envelope 
    shoe box, 
    cabin luggage
    large suitcase

This is incidentally a small item under 100g large letter and if I choose padded envelope I get £1.15 LL 2nd class.

I have never seen a screen like it. 
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Further edit ‘shoebox’ gives me 2nd class standard parcel at £2.99
  • Yes soolin those options just appeared today on the website, I am using those to buy my labels. 

But the problem I am referring to is on the app, the eBay app, not the main website. 

Does anybody else reading use the eBay app? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback