Not received refund, what next?

Hi all, 
I come looking for advice on an issue I'm currently experiencing. 
I bought a number of items from UKSOCCERSHOP which were items of Formula 1 clothing. I bought multiple items in multiple sizes due to losing weight recently and not being sure what size would fit. 
I checked their return policies before ordering ensuring I could return the item within a certain timeframe in the same condition I received it for a full refund, which is what it said. 
I bought the items on my PayPal Credit account as I knew I'd be returning some, I didn't want to fork out the full amount from my own current account. 
This was at the start of August. 
I received the items, and following trying some on, I found my size, and kept a few items. A few others didn't suit me, so returned them too. 
It was sent back on the same day that I received them. 
Fast forward to today, They confirmed they received the items and had initiated a return which I received a mail for, but I still have not received the money owed.
I'm currently £1100 out of pocket (it's a lot of money, but check out the price of F1 merchandise, it's not cheap) and losing my mind about it. I can't afford to pay that, and why should I if I'm returned the items in line with their policy.
I've tried to lookup which Ombudsmen service to use, but I have no idea. I've also read about going to small claims court, but I don't know where to start.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers 

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,657
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They confirmed they received the items and had initiated a return which I received a mail for, but I still have not received the money owed.

When did you receive the email?
  • sheramber said:
    They confirmed they received the items and had initiated a return which I received a mail for, but I still have not received the money owed.

When did you receive the email?
    Brief timeline - 
    6th Aug - Items ordered
    9th Aug - Item's received
    9th Aug - Items returned
    15th Aug - Email received that return has been received and refund has been initiated.
  • Have you been in contact with the shop since? Have they given a reason for the delay?
  • Have you been in contact with the shop since? Have they given a reason for the delay?
    Yeah, I've emailed them at regular intervals asking for an update. The last contact I had from them was on the 14th of September. 3 unanswered emails since then. Tried to call them but the line must be dead as doesn't even ring. 
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,149
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What did they say on the 14th September?
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,700
    Forumite
    The refund will be made to your PayPal Credit account.

What have PayPal Credit said about it? For relatively straightforward disputes such as yours, PayPal's Resolution Centre favours the consumer and is usually pretty good.

UKSoccershop's reviews for managing returns and refunds are dire. Plenty of examples here:
    https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/uksoccershop
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    Forumite
    go to the paypal resolution centre and claim from there
  • PHK said:
    What did they say on the 14th September?
    That the refund has been put through and asked if I’d changed my card since the order. But with it being my PayPal credit account, all is the same. 
  • Alderbank said:
    The refund will be made to your PayPal Credit account.

What have PayPal Credit said about it? For relatively straightforward disputes such as yours, PayPal's Resolution Centre favours the consumer and is usually pretty good.

UKSoccershop's reviews for managing returns and refunds are dire. Plenty of examples here:
    won’t let me post links yet as I’m new…
    I’ve raised a case which has been closed in the sellers favour. I raised it under the item not being as described as it was the closest thing to raise it under, however when I rang and spoke to PayPal, they said I was eligible for buyer protection due to the items already being returned to the seller. Which is crazy really, as regardless, I still have technically bought them. 

Yeah I have since seen the reviews and hindsight is a wonderful thing, right! I clearly needed to do a bit more due diligence other than checking the returns policy and that they were a registered company on companies house. Lesson learnt for sure. 
  • km1500 said:
    go to the paypal resolution centre and claim from there
    Please see my last post, been through this route once.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback