Cruise

Options
2»

Comments

• MetaPhysical
    Options
    Krakkkers said:
    If you want a cheap price then be the last to book, prices fall as the ship fills up.
    That is not true in my experience these days.  You are best booking ahead of time.  The cruise companies know they will sell all their cabins.  In the rare event they do have any left - and it will be the odd one dotted here and there - they will 100% be the rubbish ones near lifts and under swimming pools and deck/restaurant areas.  Trust me I have been on dozens of cruises, try and not get one of those cabins.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have seen some of these late deals recently- if you are only paying around £50 per person per night for all in then  I think you would be prepared to have a slightly 'anti social' cabin! I certainly would
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Krakkkers said:
    If you want a cheap price then be the last to book, prices fall as the ship fills up.
    That is not true in my experience these days.  You are best booking ahead of time.  The cruise companies know they will sell all their cabins.  In the rare event they do have any left - and it will be the odd one dotted here and there - they will 100% be the rubbish ones near lifts and under swimming pools and deck/restaurant areas.  Trust me I have been on dozens of cruises, try and not get one of those cabins.
    Technically Krakkers said a cheap price and those not great rooms by the lifts, toilets, dance floor etc are ultimately the ones that are going to be cheapest and last to go. Some will say you won't spend much time in the room so does it matter too much but have been confined to quarters for a day or two each time taken a cruise as either I or travelling partner have become ill. 

I would however still disagree with Krakkers, we booked late and lets say our room was £1,000 a week later it was down to £900 the next week it was up at £1,050 following week £1,200 and the week before travelling said it was fully booked. 

Had we waited we could have got it a bit cheaper but would have had at least 1 less room to choose from. 

The OP however stated best value not cheapest - to answer a value question you really have to define what you value. If you really value good wine for example you'd probably want to skip the drink packages on Thompson cruises as it was drinkable but nothing to write home about. It may come down to volumes if you'll get better value from the company we did our Nile cruise with that had no "packages" but had fantastic per bottle offerings or go with one of the luxury cruises which has really good wines, vintage champagnes etc all included in the price. 
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been on three MSC cruises with guarantee balcony cabins (cheapest option); twice on deck 14 under the buffet and once on deck 13. The buffet had a bit of noise in the night easily fixed with good ear plugs - recommend you take these - otherwise all OK. I find late bookings are cheapest but its risky, this year offers not as good as last years.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback