hard credit search

Applied for a TSB current account yesterday, I'm aware a hard credit search would be done but looking at my credit karma account I can see two hard searches showing, is that normal?
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.

Comments

• Applied for a TSB current account yesterday, I'm aware a hard credit search would be done but looking at my credit karma account I can see two hard searches showing, is that normal?
    Have you also checked with the other CRA's? Did you have any internet issues during the application so the request got sent perhaps twice? Did you just apply for the account or also for overdraft? I would think account and overdraft would be done in one search but if done separately it could warrant two searches for each individual element.

Maybe wait a little until at least one update cycle is done and check if still two entries and then raise it with TSB if consistent across CRA's. Worst case, nothing you can do and wait until they drop off in 12 months. Current account hard searches are not the end of the world. I think I have something like 15 hard searches dropping off from my file in the next 8-10 weeks...
  • Applied for a TSB current account yesterday, I'm aware a hard credit search would be done but looking at my credit karma account I can see two hard searches showing, is that normal?
    Have you also checked with the other CRA's? Did you have any internet issues during the application so the request got sent perhaps twice? Did you just apply for the account or also for overdraft? I would think account and overdraft would be done in one search but if done separately it could warrant two searches for each individual element.

Maybe wait a little until at least one update cycle is done and check if still two entries and then raise it with TSB if consistent across CRA's. Worst case, nothing you can do and wait until they drop off in 12 months. Current account hard searches are not the end of the world. I think I have something like 15 hard searches dropping off from my file in the next 8-10 weeks...

I think you have answered my question, I like a few others I have read about got to the end of the application only to get an error message and I had to re do the application. Feels a bit unfair to have two searches due to a glitch beyond my control.

I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback