HP CP1215 Colour Laserjet & Windows 10 Pro

This may be a lost cause but here goes:

I have an HP CP1215 connected to my Windows 10 Pro PC.  All was working fine then it just stopped.  I'm no technie but not a novice either so I did what I believe I should have done which is reboot the PC, reboot the printer then change the cable for a new one - in that order.  I tried deleting the printer then adding it to Windows again but the PC isn't finding it.  I've also re-installed the basic software and run the HP Troubleshooter - all to no avail.

I could just buy a new laser printer but at around £200 for the cheapest colour unit I'd rather see if anyone who knows more than me might have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.

I'm very grateful in advance.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,812
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Need to determine whether the printer has packed up or not.  Take it to another computer and see if if appears (that printer dates from 2012/13 so Windows 10 should know what to do with it out of the box).

If not the issue is probably with the printer, if it does the issue is with your computer.
  • Spotty100
    Spotty100 Posts: 131
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 25 September 2023 at 1:50PM
    It looks like I will have to do that but what's confusing me now is that Speccy sees it and when I try to add it again it comes up on Windows Printers as "Copy 1" which makes me think there is some corruption.  I've run SFC scannow however and there is no change in what happens.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Spotty100 said:
     it comes up on Windows Printers as "Copy 1"
    Wouldn't be the first time a user has had to use printer "Copy 1".  So a previous printer/driver is still lurking around. But, does it work?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Sadly no.  I'm trying to purge the original today but this appears to be beyond my capabilities.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback