Astra replacement

Options
Hi all

I am looking to replace my 2010 Astra. I am on my 4th Vauxhall. I was thinking maybe something different. The Skoda Scala caught my eye, seems good value and well reviewed online. The only negatives i can see is more expensive parts and servicing than an Astra.  Or maybe you have another suggestions for a suitable replacement. Im looking for a 3 year old if possible, up to 13k.   

Any advice would be appreciated,  thanks

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    Options
    If you could give a bit more information about your requirements and driving habits, that would help.  Is it mostly used for town driving, or do you regularly do long journeys?  Most urban or motorway driving?  Just you in the car, or do you need to fit a family of 5 plus 3 dogs (I'm guessing probably not if an Astra currently suits your needs!).
    There's a lot of choice out there.  In the current climate, it may be more a case of what's available within your budget, rather than what is your ideal car.  But Skodas in general have a pretty good reputation - you're basically getting VW reliability without paying for the badge.  And as the well-worn chestnut goes, 1000's of minicab drivers can't be wrong :)
  • swansea_lad
    swansea_lad Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2023 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Mostly the commute to work 20 miles a day, some motorway driving,  I do under 12,000 miles a year. Usually just myself, occasionally another passenger. 
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I think a Scala is a good choice. 71 reg, not many miles. There are a few around and the 1.0 tsi engine seems to be good enough

Others to look at would be Ford Focus, Seat Arona
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure