Contract of Employment

My son has a contract with a driving school which states the Term on the front cover as one thing and something different in the body of the contract.  Which should he consider the correct one or does it annul his contract as there is this discrepancy?

Comments

• TishaB said:
    My son has a contract with a driving school which states the Term on the front cover as one thing and something different in the body of the contract.  Which should he consider the correct one or does it annul his contract as there is this discrepancy?
    What "Term"? 
    Term = condition?
    Term = period of time?
  • TishaB said:
    Unfortunately you pretty much need to read the whole contract to find out. 

For example I've seen previous contracts (not employment) saying "The right to cancel within 10 days" as a header and then the terms under stated you could cancel within 7 days. Elsewhere in the contract however it made clear that headers are for guidance only and the terms themselves are what are binding. So ideally the header and term would have read the same but with what is an obvious error the contract made clear the 7 days applied.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,034
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    TishaB said:
    Why doesn't he ask the driving school to clarify?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Marcon said:
    TishaB said:
    Why doesn't he ask the driving school to clarify?
    You'd assume that they want to see if they can enforce the more favourable value whereas the driving school may be saying the less favourable one is correct.
  • Please help. 
    I interviewed for a job with a 5/2 pattern which was confirmed to be MON-FRI. This is stated in the contract without the flexibility working clause. 

My first day I was told I had the weekend off along with Mon/Tues as my working pattern is Weds-SUN (never having weekends off) I brought up with management what my contracted stated. They advised I was wrong and was told it’s 5/2. 

Last night I decided to write a formal email as I have no life right now and having to pay for double child care at weekends. My life has turned upside down. I haven’t seen my husband and I’m genuinely becoming depressed. After the email, I received a response this eve CONFIRMING that I was right, the contract was wrong. “Administrative error” they thanked me and said I’ll sign the new contract tomorrow….. 

Really? I signed the contract I interviewed for. 
    Someone please help me, 
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,744
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Please help. 
    I interviewed for a job with a 5/2 pattern which was confirmed to be MON-FRI. This is stated in the contract without the flexibility working clause. 

My first day I was told I had the weekend off along with Mon/Tues as my working pattern is Weds-SUN (never having weekends off) I brought up with management what my contracted stated. They advised I was wrong and was told it’s 5/2. 

Last night I decided to write a formal email as I have no life right now and having to pay for double child care at weekends. My life has turned upside down. I haven’t seen my husband and I’m genuinely becoming depressed. After the email, I received a response this eve CONFIRMING that I was right, the contract was wrong. “Administrative error” they thanked me and said I’ll sign the new contract tomorrow….. 

Really? I signed the contract I interviewed for. 
    Someone please help me, 
    Helpme88xxx has started a new thread here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6475124/contract-help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family