Premium quote increase

Options
I got a quote from 1St Central via Money Super Market a £399.15 and this was the lowest of all the companies for quotes. The same policy was more on all the other sites. I got this on 6/9/23 and on 19/9/23 they reminded me of this price. When I tried to pay for it today I was told the price had increased to £453.28. They refused the lower price stating that the price goes up each day. Is this allowed?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Providers normally guarantee a quote premium for a set number of days but there is no law that requires them to do so. 

I'd check on the MSM website, whilst I use MSE that's owned by MSM I dont ever use their comparison tool but other aggregators often have a statement that prices are fixed for a minimum of X days. If MSM's site says the same and you are under X days then I'd raise the matter with MSM. 
  • daivid
    daivid Posts: 1,237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes it is allowed, lots of the best quotes for me on comparison sites stated price only valid today, others gave a number of days. MSM email may have been unhelpful so by all means complain to them but as they aren't the insurer I don't see a complaint helping much. If it's renewal of insurance it may be worth phoning your current provider to ask what they can do for you. You can tell them the best you've found elsewhere is £399.15 they may meet you part way, match it or even beat it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback