Clean Break

completelyfubar
completelyfubar Posts: 82
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 21 September 2023 at 11:29AM in Marriage, relationships & families
Hi peeps, read a few threads on this one but wondered if there any legal eagles on here that can offer a little more clarification it would be greatly appreciated... Some detail:
Very amicable divorce, applied through .gov website jointly.
30 years married in England
No dependent children (one 19 & the other 23, both working)
We are both financially independent with very similar salaries.
We both have 'title absolute' to our own properties of similar value, so no mortgages.
We both have similar pension pots and do not want or need to share them in the future
We both own a car of similar value and neither of us has any credit owing other than a rolling credit card that is paid off every month in full (rack up those Nectar points!)
The D81 form balances out nicely when you add everything up including jewellery and house contents etc.

Being the tight git that I am  ;) We need a very simple Consent order to complete our clean break
It literally is just a 'line in the sand' kind of thing, to say that no party has any right to any future claim etc...Do I want to pay a solicitor for such an easy job? Nope, that why I'm on this forum  :)

So, if I draft up the order based on the wikivorce 'simple' template and throw in a detailed preamble, do you think will be enough?
There must be someone on here that has had a simple consent order drafted and can maybe indicate what may be missing? Or have I gone too far with the preamble?
There is a much longer winded Financial order template I could use with 'general provisions' and a more detailed 'succession rights' but never seen it on on-line examples of consent orders.
Redacted draft attached... What do you think?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback