Holidays are half price in October 2024! A Hoseasons glitch?!

Options
Hoseasons (and sister company Landels) have got their dates wrong! They have priced October 2024 half term as a non-half term week, with prices sometimes more than half the price of the week prior! So effectively priced as though it was in school time. Not sure how long before they identify this, so if you can afford to book that far in advance, would move quickly!

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    October holidays are not fixed throughout the country...what dates are you referring to as "October 24 half term" my grandkids are at different schools, some break up on Friday 11th October and the others on 28th October.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoseasons (and sister company Landels) have got their dates wrong! They have priced October 2024 half term as a non-half term week, with prices sometimes more than half the price of the week prior! So effectively priced as though it was in school time. Not sure how long before they identify this, so if you can afford to book that far in advance, would move quickly!
    Half term dates vary between regions.
    For some destinations, it is even relevant if the UK school holidays vary from certain overseas school holiday dates.  There could be a very high demand at some resorts if it is, say, school holiday in Germany but not UK.

I'd imagine the website has dynamic pricing so the prices will inflate if the demand rises.
  • calvin_holden
    Options
    @caz3121 and @Grumpy_chap You are right, not all counties share the same half term dates. In 2024 October Half term for the majority of counties in England and Wales is week commencing Monday the 28th. I have checked, and that is correct for 35 of 40 counties in 2024. Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Lancashire and Wetsmoreland are the exceptions, with a half term of wc the 21st. There may of course be some local exceptions school to school on top of that. In all my years I have never seen pricing like this. I cant see it lasting long!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback