NOW LIVE: The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. The theme is ENERGY. Please post your questions on bills, switches, alternative fuels etc. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer as many as possible
Can you make voluntary NI contributions once you claim your pension and continue working?
- My dad hits pension age on 6th April 24.
- He intends to continue working "until he can't"
- He currently has 28 Years of NI contributions.
- He is able to purchase 2 years which he will do (£206 Total cost) making it 31 years including the current year.
- His forecast at the moment is "if you contribute until 5 April 2024 - £169.95 a week"
- "The most you can increase your forecast to is - £181.60 a week"
Cope Estimate - £7.10 Week
- He is currently contributing into a nest pension scheme but this does not have a significant total value at £7200.
- My Mum has a full state pension that will start in November of this year.
If it's possible, is this the best option?
Open to any suggestions.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards