First direct switch Sept 23 - some stated info incorrect both online and on paper

Options
Hi,  We have used the same banks for such a long time and have never switched bank accounts for a bonus before, took the plunge and read the info online with First Direct. The information stated you could open a single account then change to joint and also stated you had access to First directory package travel ins, breakdown etc for a monthly fee - great as we were moving from smile where we had a similar package. I opened an account in my name and received all paperwork confirming same. Great.

We rang them today to change single to joint, add hubby and discuss the package - travel etc only to be informed they no longer would be able to change my single account to a joint account or offer the travel package as it was no longer available.  We then sat for 40 mins setting up a new joint account, agreed to more credit searches - presumable a 2nd credit search for me, agreed to accept the terms and conditions and also now have to research a travel package?  

I chose First Direct Bank as their service has been rated consistently good and am still happy to have moved to First Direct, but why haven’t they updated at least their website as there may be other changes we are not aware of and have agreed to?

By the way Martin, keep up the good work - both yourself and your invaluable teams are a godsend to all, even if they don’t know it😊

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2023 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Dbt said:
    The information stated you could open a single account then change to joint and also stated you had access to First directory package travel ins, breakdown etc for a monthly fee 
    What information and where? If you mean their 'First Directory', then reportedly they pulled it in 2020.

With regard to a joint account, I think you can easily open a new one instead of converting.
  • SiliconChip
    Options
    And Martin sold the site some years ago for a very large bag of money (something like £85 million iirc) and has very little to do with it now other then lend his name to it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback