Car Insurance Wrongly Cancelled - Help Please
I have a 'pay per mile' policy with a company called Ticker, you pay a lower upfront premium and then via a black box tracker in your car pay monthly for each mile you drive.
I had to change my credit card details due to the number changing following an attempted fraudulent transaction.
This was not easy, you have to go onto the Ticker App, start a chat, get them to understand the ask and then they call you back a few days later to actually change the details. The first call failed so another couple of days before they managed to change the details. IN the mean time they tried to collect one of the monthly payments on 2 occasions which of course failed.
Eventually the new card details were added and a payment taken on 5th September - all sorted or so I thought.
This morning (11 September) I got an email at 1.09 AM saying they had cancelled my insurance at 1AM yesterday!!!
1) I drove uninsured yesterday!!
2) I have been charged massive penalties for ending the policy early
3) Apparently as they cancelled my insurance I have to inform any future insurance company that I have had my policy cancelled by the insurer
Their CS open at 10 - I have no idea how much time and effort it will take to sort this but based on the rigmarole just to change the linked debit card I am in for hours of struggle and probably the ombudsman/small claims court for the consequential losses.
Edit: Phone CS down, chart CS says they are aware of a system issue and senior manger discussing it but in the mean time I am not insured and they can't do anything. Can anyone suggest how I can use my car until this is sorted. I am worried about running up costs and hoping to recover them later in case the company are in financial difficulties.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards