Old address on log book - PCN past appeals stage

Hi all

Wonder if you can help, I've taken a couple of steps before I found this forum, and need to understand if I have a leg to stand on if I take this to court.

I overstayed in a supermarket car park and was sent NTK to my address on my log book, which is my old address. I was unaware until I received the debt collector letter. Having called them, they sent me the photos and NTKs. I felt quite ambushed and wanted to absorb, before giving over any cash. They offered me a small discount but the offer was over once the call finished!

I do not have the funds in my bank to pay this inflated fine, so I went to get a postal order raised for the original amount and sent it with a letter to the parking firm, apologising for the error and hoping they would accept.

They've returned it to me and said it's with the debt collectors and they won't be taking any correspondence. The debt collectors have written again to say the amount is due by the end of the week and the timeline for appealing is closed (even though I wasn't appealing, I was trying to pay the original fine).

I can't defend myself with the log book as I should have updated it (not a new house move). Can I defend myself against the over inflated charge for the overstay (although I know Beavis did not win on this). It was late in the evening, and hardly any cars using the car park, so did they lose anything from my overstay? It's a free car park and no way to pay.

Help needed!

Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards