IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Parking Fine for going to Costa Coffee (I've read the Sticky Thread)

Hi

I did add a reply to the sticky thread but it looks like it was deleted for some reason. I just wanted to document this in case it helps others. I'm still early in the process.

17th August: Went to Costa Coffee at a retail park in Reading. I met a friend there and have received a parking fine from G24. I stayed 131 minutes when there is only a 120minute limit. 

I have appealed online using the blue text in the README thread. 
I have also notified the local MP but their autoreply say it will take up to 14 days for a reply - but don't think that will help much to be honest

I also notified Costa Coffee and their reply came through this afternoon:

I know everyone says not to pay it but it still makes me nervous having it hanging over me. The parking company have not yet replied but no doubt they'll also reject the appeal. 

I'll keep this updated - once again I think it's good to document specifics sometimes in case others have the same issue with the same companies/locations.

Thanks
Amo L'Italia

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Forumite Posts: 122,849
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 8 September at 7:12PM
    No replies are meant to go in Announcement threads!  They are like a resource book.

Tell Costa Coffee they've lost you and your family as customers because that generic uncaring reply is appalling.

Ignore G24 and the £170 threatograms unless you move house, obviously (we don't consider any need to explain to people what you must do if you do move).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Forumite Posts: 5,601
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You've read the "sticky thread" and still think it's a "fine"?
  • redrabbit29
    redrabbit29 Forumite Posts: 1,074
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks for the helpful reply. I wont reply to Costa but understand your reasoning for saying I should. I don't think they'd care, it's just some barista or customer services person.

@fisherjim sloppy wording - I know it's not a fine in the usual sense of the word but thanks for clarifying 
    Amo L'Italia
  • pdel61
    pdel61 Forumite Posts: 925
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the helpful reply. I wont reply to Costa but understand your reasoning for saying I should. I don't think they'd care, it's just some barista or customer services person.

@fisherjim sloppy wording - I know it's not a fine in the usual sense of the word but thanks for clarifying 
    You really should reply to Costa in forceful terms letting them know they will lose customers this way, it's the only way they'll learn. The are also being somewhat untruthful when they say they can't assist, what they meant to say was they won't assist and why would they if nobody tells them how bad it is for business.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Forumite Posts: 122,849
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Forumite Posts: 6,886
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No replies are meant to go in Announcement threads!  They are like a resource book.

Tell Costa Coffee they've lost you and your family as customers because that generic uncaring reply is appalling.

Ignore G24 and the £170 threatograms unless you move house, obviously (we don't consider any need to explain to people what you must do if you do move).

Add in that you find their reply unacceptable, as they are liable for the actions of thier agents, in this case the un regulated parking company G24 , an that as principal they can cancel this parking charge inotice with immediate effecct , and you find their lack of enthusiasm to do so dissapointing.
     You should also tell them how the IPC, IAS, and Gladstones are all linked and as such their is no true independant appeals system available, and reminding them again that as principal they will be jointly liable for all of your costs , inclluding but not limited to time spent in delaing with this mess at utp £19 per hour or part there of, and any other costs .
     Finish it off by stating that as a gesture of  goodwill you will be willing to waive your costs in delaing with this matter ( currrently at X hours x£19 totaling £xx ) on the condition this parking charge is cancelled.

post anything you will send to them (costa)on here first
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback