Do I need an Executor bank account?
My F-i-L died last month.
His estate seems quite straightforward.
He left a will - I am the sole Executor, my wife is the sole beneficiary.
There's about £59k in cash in a current account and two savings accounts.
We are also expecting a refund of care home fees which were paid in advance.
Should I open a new Executor account to hold these funds or a new current account or new savings account?
Would there be a problem with using an existing savings account in my wife's name?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards