Refund for expensive t-shirt rejected online

Options
I bought a t-shirt for my partners birthday (Billionaires boys club) with delivery included it came to £100. Unfortunately when he saw it he didn't like it at all, he hadn't even put the t-shirt on/ got it out the bag.

I sent it back straight away (next day delivery) which cost me a further £12. I have now received an email today saying they have rejected my refund as there is 'yellow spots' on the back. Thats strange as I hadn't even taken the t-shirt out of the original packaging. I couldn't even see the yellow dots in the pictures.

Now I'm t-shirtless and £112 down, where can I go from here as I know for a fact the t-shirt was sent back exactly how it was received. 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 6 September 2023 at 12:21PM
    Options
    The most obvious option would be to do a chargeback and submit evidence it was returned (assuming you paid by card rather than PayPal or such). The merchant may or may not challenge it but be aware banks aren't courts of law and in some cases the customer wins the chargeback but then the merchant pursues them for the money. 

Personally, I tend to open things anyway and if there is damage etc then I return it as faulty rather than unwanted as firstly that gets me the return postage back and secondly it reduces the risk of them then saying I'm the one that damaged it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback