Which Solar set up to go with?
We have two solar setup quotes, and we can't seem to agree which is best? Can anyone shed any light without getting 'too' technical please?
We have an air source heat pump, so our energy requirements are all electric. We have also just got an electric car, day time car charging is a possibility as the user occasionally works from home.
1. 7kW solar array, with 12panels on one roof and 5panels on another, with 3.6kW inverter, and 10kWh battery. =£16,000. The solar performance summary states this could cover us for 50% of our costs, assuming 10,000kW per year usage.
Main roof is -62 degrees south with 20degrees inclination, smaller roof 25 degrees south with increased shade factor at the end of the day
Sunsynk inverter (life 3.5) and battery
2. 6kW solar array, with 14 panels on one roof, with 5kW inverter, and 10kWh battery =£12,500. The solar performance summary states this could cover us for 40% of our costs, assuming 10,000kW per year usage.
Main roof is -62 degrees south with 20degrees inclination
G3 GivEnergy inverter and Gen2 GivEnergy battery
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards