Struggling to get stolen money back as a creditor from an IVA company (CreditFix)

Options
Hi there,

I am owed money from someone who is in an IVA with CreditFix. I am a registered creditor with them but they still haven't sent me a single payment. It has now been more than 3 years and I don't know what to do anymore to retrieve my money.

They are claiming that the fast transfers do not work with my bank account (it doesn't seem to work with any of them even though I've never had this problem before); and when I asked to issue a cheque instead they just say they will do it but it never happens. It has now been 3 years that I am chasing them, in order to get back a small proportion of what I've been stolen by that person in the IVA. And yet I haven't retrieved a single penny.

Is there anything I can do, for example contact some official governing entity, to force them to pay me back? I am on the verge of giving up because of that terrible company.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dan201 said:
    Hi there,

It has now been 3 years that I am chasing them, in order to get back a small proportion of what I've been stolen by that person in the IVA. And yet I haven't retrieved a single penny.

Is there anything I can do, for example contact some official governing entity, to force them to pay me back? I am on the verge of giving up because of that terrible company.

Many thanks in advance
    People enter insolvency for any number of reasons, but not many deliberately set out to end up there.

If you want to register a complaint, you must first exhaust the IP`s complaints procedure, only after that can you escalate the matter -

Complain about an insolvency practitioner - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • dan201
    dan201 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I have called them again to try and sort the situation. They are saying that the transfer keep bouncing back with the bank, which is extremely confusing because it has been happening with three different UK bank details that I have provided them.
    I have asked yet again for a cheque to be sent which is every year mid-November, but I already did the same last year and never received the cheque...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback