Best Invest Cash Back

Options
Best Invest are offering, what appears to be, a generous cash back deal. If you transfer an existing fund into Best Invest you get up to £1,000 cash back. does anyone have any views on the deal?

Comments

• artyboy
    artyboy Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's basically the same deal they have run before - I'm waiting on my £1000 from that but won't happen till after October.

Personally I wouldn't consolidate a lot with these guys as their charges are on the high side. But you can still 'make a turn' on the cashback, which is the game I'm playing
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I had the same thought about Moneyfarm and their TCB offer - decided against it when I worked out the fees vs cashback...
    Thread: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80263617
  • qbadger
    Options
    What's the link to the offer?
  • orange-juice
    orange-juice Posts: 194 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2023 at 9:16AM
    Options
    Tempted. i currently have a tiny pot with Vanguard which I might transfer across. Does anyone how long does this normally take? Are my investments usually sold and transferred as cash or transferred in specie (BI also offer the same fund)

I noticed BI seems to have various offers on TCB but it does t seem like you can stack the two offers together.

• flopsy1973
    Options
    Also tempted have over 250k with hl which I am eventually going to transfer to my  iweb just thought while it still with hl get some cashback or would I be better to transfer it all over to iweb now 
  • meinnit
    Options
    The wording on the offer states "transfers in full". Does that mean you can't do a partial transfer?

Any new Bestinvest customer or existing client who initiates account transfers in full between 4 September 2023 and 30 November 2023 and invests it, is eligible for a cashback payment (“Reward”)
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,508 Forumite
    Options
    Tempted. i currently have a tiny pot with Vanguard which I might transfer across. Does anyone how long does this normally take? Are my investments usually sold and transferred as cash or transferred in specie (BI also offer the same fund)

I noticed BI seems to have various offers on TCB but it does t seem like you can stack the two offers together.

Answer to the question in bold is, that it depends on which method you request. Cash transfers are much quicker but leave you out of the market for a few days. IN specie can take weeks or months.
  • orange-juice
    Options

Answer to the question in bold is, that it depends on which method you request. Cash transfers are much quicker but leave you out of the market for a few days. IN specie can take weeks or months.
    Thanks, I ended up doing this last week and went with the transfer as cash option. Just waiting for BI to accept the transfer in.
  • Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Based on my experience, expect slow service, delays and uncaring "customer services" at Bestinvest. Even the platform feels a bit flaky and unprofessional.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback