iPhone iTunes

Gers
Gers Posts: 12,022 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
For many years I could upload my own music to iTunes library and then drag the files across to my iPhone. Haven't done it for about four years until last night. Now I'm unable to do the drag thing.
Songs showing on iTunes, phone showing on iTunes, no music files showing on phone via iTunes.
I understand that the process may have evolved since I last did it - what is the process now please?

Thanks/

Comments

• So are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  • Bonhomie
    Bonhomie Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 September 2023 at 12:38PM
    Click on the little iPhone representation on iTunes > Summary > scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Manually manage music and video...the click on Apply. You'll get a new context box where you can choose Sync and Replace. It will remove your old songs, but allow you to drag and drop the new.

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,022 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    So are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
    Windows.
    Bonhomie said:
    Click on the little iPhone representation on iTunes > Summary > scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Manually manage music and video...the click on Apply. You'll get a new context box where you can choose Sync and Replace. It will remove your old songs, but allow you to drag and drop the new.

Ah, thanks. That's new, it never used to remove all the old songs, just add the new ones. I'll have to repopulate iTunes now but that really helpful.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback