Interactive investor

Options
Hi
I have recently moved to ii from HL, as my pot size meant that moving will save me £ in fees.
I have both SIPP in S&S ISA with them, so am on the £19.99 monthly charge.
However, I have not paid any yet as I had 6 months free.
Is that the reason I don't have any trading credits yet? You are supposed to get 2 free trades a month.. Or am I looking at wrong place for these free trades? I keep looking at "trading credits"
Sorry, all new to ii, it is very different to HL (not sure if that is good yet). I might have misunderstood. 
Also it is very weird that they take dd for regular trades on 12th of 1 month but they don't get invested till first wednesday of next month.. It happened within few days with HL
Any tips appreciated, thanks

Comments

• LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are supposed to get 2 free trades a month.. Or am I looking at wrong place for these free trades? I keep looking at "trading credits"

I have a SIPP and ISA with II, but its only one free trade per month (changed a while back).

Your trading credits (if any) are listed on the Overview page, RHS above the summaries of your accounts.

I don't know the rules on the 6 months free offer, but its likely there are no free trades until you start paying, what did the terms of the offer say?

• Cold_comfort
    Cold_comfort Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2023 at 9:16PM
    Options
    Correct - you get trading credits only once your monthly charge starts. (That was part of my deal.)

Paying £19.99 per month including SIPP suggests you are on their Investor plan which entitles you to ONE free trade per month -  see charges. (Note this increases to £21.99 from 1 September 2023 - see new charges.)

For two free trades, you need to upgrade to the Super Investor plan but that costs £29.99 per month if you include a SIPP.

I can't comment on the DD for regular investing.
  • FatFred66
    FatFred66 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 August 2023 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Any said:
    Hi
    I have recently moved to ii from HL, as my pot size meant that moving will save me £ in fees.
    Is that the reason I don't have any trading credits yet? You are supposed to get 2 free trades a month.. Or am I looking at wrong place for these free trades? I keep looking at "trading credits"
    Sorry, all new to ii, it is very different to HL (not sure if that is good yet). I might have misunderstood. 
    Also it is very weird that they take dd for regular trades on 12th of 1 month but they don't get invested till first wednesday of next month.. It happened within few days with HL
    I recently moved c£240k of pension and c£30k of ISA to ii. I'm still waiting for some others to land (thanks for nothing Vanguard).

AFAIK:

• You don't get 6 months free. You get 6 months of the additional SIPP charge free.
    • Immediately on opening an ISA you get your £50 'trading credit' straight away. On the website, once signed in it's at Portfolio: Portfolio overview: Top right under 'delayed by 15 minutes' showing as 'Credits'. It's even clearer on the mobile app.
    • They're coyly not making much of a show about it but they've a quite generous cashback offer if you start(ed) your SIPP transfer before 31st August. Quite why they'd make the offer and not shout it from the rooftops is beyond me https://www.ii.co.uk/special-offers
    • You need to open a 'Trading Account', in addition to your SIPP and ISA accounts, in order to receive the cashback. I received £750 within 24 hours once I realised that and I transferred it out straight away (free money I wasn't expecting).
    • After almost a month and not having made a DD payment yet I've not yet seen the monthly trading credit.
  • EthicsGradient
    Options
    Any said:
    Hi
    For the DDs, I think it depends on how recently you set up the DD. I've had one with them for some time, and they take the DD on the 12th (or next working day), and invest on the 3rd Wednesday of the same month (which is always the 15th to 21st, and so within a few days). I had heard that they'd been starting some customers with investing on the 1st Wednesday of the month (so, I think, that they wouldn't be putting huge orders in), but I assumed they'd move the DD appropriately as well.

It might be worth asking them if your DD and investment dates can be aligned better (a few years ago, their system was set up so that they took each DD a month after the last one - or the next working day after that. This meant that the date drifted as the "month after" date fell on weekends, until one month it was after the investment date, and things went pear-shaped. They then managed to reset the system, and use the 12th as the date from then on. But they may have the ability to intervene and get better-matched dates.)
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. 
    I don't remember any notes on trading credit in the free period, ad cannot find the confirmation.
    But they were definitely 6 mths fee free, as since Feb they have not taken any money from me yet. Just to make sure I have enough to cover first payment in Sept (I started the move very late Feb). 
    I have contacted them about the DD and they said that is what it is - DD on 12th and investment first Wedn of month. Well that was on second try as the first email person from them completely missunderstood the question. 
  • Any
    Options
    I normally only invest on DD, but had some dividends coming in I need to re invest so even the 1 free trade will come in handy😁
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,340 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any said:
    I don't remember any notes on trading credit in the free period, ad cannot find the confirmation.
    It has been standard that for their recent promotions trading credits are not accrued (you only get them when you pay the monthly subscription fee). This is outlined in the offer T&Cs and was remarked upon when those promotions were discussed here.
  • Doctor_Who
    Doctor_Who Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Any said:
    I normally only invest on DD, but had some dividends coming in I need to re invest so even the 1 free trade will come in handy😁
    I use the 'free regular investing' to reinvest any dividends since you don't actually need a DD setup to do the regular investing (I don't have a DD setup). As long as the amount you set in the regular investing screen is covered by the available balance in the account it will be processed - saves the 'free' monthly trading credit for selling!
    'Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it; he who doesn’t, pays it' - Albert Einstein.
  • Any
    Options
    Any said:
    I use the 'free regular investing' to reinvest any dividends since you don't actually need a DD setup to do the regular investing (I don't have a DD setup). As long as the amount you set in the regular investing screen is covered by the available balance in the account it will be processed - saves the 'free' monthly trading credit for selling!
    So you you do the regular investment, and then cancel the "regular" bit? 
  • Doctor_Who
    Doctor_Who Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Any said:
    Any said:
    So you you do the regular investment, and then cancel the "regular" bit? 
    You can change/delete the regular investment after the funds have been invested for that month, but it doesn't really matter if you don't since there won't be enough cash in the account to do the same regular investment next month, so it will just fail. I've been using regular investments like this for years without a DD setup. Also useful if you're switching investments - just time the sell (using the free trading credit) to settle before the next regular investing date and there's effectively no trading costs that month (unless you want to trade a lot, which I don't). 
    'Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it; he who doesn’t, pays it' - Albert Einstein.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback