Question for those who have their Premium Bond prizes paid into a building society account

Options
Does anyone here have their Premium Bond prizes paid into a building society account ? More specifically, one with a roll number ?

I helped an elderly relative of mine to set up a nominated account for their prizes recently via their NS&I online account which involved entering their building society's own (generic) sort code and account number alongside the (personal) roll-number (as you would expect) but I was a little concerned to see that once this was done, when viewing the nominated account section, only the generic building society sort code and account number are visible - the roll number isn't. 

We followed the procedure for setting this up carefully so I'm presuming this is normal, but if someone who has done the same wouldn't mind checking for us that this is the case the next time you're logged into your NS&I account, that would be much appreciated and give my relative some peace of mind that their prizes will actually reach their account ! Thanks.

Comments

• annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have mine paid into Coventry, I just have a sort code and account number, 99% certain there is no roll number. But not had any issues 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 August 2023 at 5:53PM
    Options
    I have mine paid into Coventry, I just have a sort code and account number, 99% certain there is no roll number. But not had any issues 
    Thanks. Yes, there'll be no issues with building societies who issue individual, 8-digit account numbers (just like the banks do) but for building societies who use roll numbers, it's the lack of confirmation of the roll number on the nominated account section on the NS&I site that is causing some concern in this case. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback