Shawbrook new customer - can you log in immediately?

Options
Hi all.  I am thinking about setting up a Shawbrook account.

Do they let you set up your online banking details straightaway (so you can transfer money straightaway and then log in to check that it's there), or do you have to wait for some credentials to arrive through the post?

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• housebuyer143
    housebuyer143 Posts: 3,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I believe they just let you log in immediately 
  • Silverbullet036
    Options
    Straight away I had access to the online account , never had to do anything by post

• sparklymarkly
    Options
    I opened a Shawbrook account just last week.
    You just need to wait a few minutes for a couple of emails with your customer and account numbers to come through and you’re able to log straight in and use the account. I found it a very slick service to use.
  • Barkin
    Barkin Posts: 429 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pretty much straight away, provided they can verify you electronically. 
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Barkin said:
    Pretty much straight away, provided they can verify you electronically. 
    Yes this is the rub with many providers. There is always the possibility that the electronic verification will fail, and you then have a more long winded process of submitting proof of identity etc.
  • Suzey
    Suzey Posts: 2,715 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you gave me confidence to open an account with them.  The application went through straightaway and I had online banking access within the hour :D

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback