Alternative to II

Options
As II are putting their fees up, are there any cheaper platforms? I have a stocks and shares isa and general account

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,335 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2023 at 9:15PM
    Options
    It would depend very much on your investments and trading behaviour as to whether there are cheaper options, but probably there are. InvestEngine is very cheap if you can cope with their limited range of investment choices. Otherwise iWeb could be an option if you must be able to hold funds, or even the likes of Aviva/HL/AJ Bell if you can hold ETFs/ITs/shares and benefit from their fee cap.
    I haven't decided what to do yet. I already have a second S&S ISA with iWeb, so one option would be to merge the two, but both are several fold over the FSCS limit already and I like having them split... just not at an additional annual cost of £140+. I was a tad uncomfortable with the cost before the latest hike.
    I could shift to AJ Bell, where I already have a LISA, saving £100pa. Decisions, decisions.
  • GeoffTF
    GeoffTF Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It also depends on whether you want a SIPP. iWeb is cheap except for the SIPP.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,335 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2023 at 9:47PM
    Options
    GeoffTF said:
    It also depends on whether you want a SIPP. iWeb is cheap except for the SIPP.
    OP specified S&S ISA and trading account. Though savings could be made by moving SIPP from II, now that Fidelity has upped its cap to £90, the saving won't be as large as for other accounts, and may require a switch from open ended to exchange traded.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback