DVLA Medical Group

Options
Anyone out there had to deal with the DVLA medical group?  I have been waiting 12 weeks now for them to consider a driving assessment.  I ring them every three weeks, but no update available and they can't give timescales.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of the timescales I should expect.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Bill

Comments

• Montybell1
    Options
    Hi my father had one a year ago got a letter in post about 8 week later confirming he couldn’t drive , but they did advice after his test not to drive . Hope this helps 
  • Montybell1
    Options
    Think my dad was waiting about 5 months for his appointment, very busy apparently, you can apply to to it at a different test centre, ours was Sheffield 
  • Billxx
    Billxx Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for your comments.  Clearly not just me that is having to wait.

Kind Regards,

Bill
  • Billxx
    Options
    Billxx said:
    Anyone out there had to deal with the DVLA medical group?  I have been waiting 12 weeks now for them to consider a driving assessment.  I ring them every three weeks, but no update available and they can't give timescales.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of the timescales I should expect.

Thanks in advance.
    15 Weeks now, still waiting....

Kind Regards,

Bill
  • Billxx
    Options
    18 weeks now, still waiting.

Kind Regards,

Bill
  • rollingmoon
    Options
    My sister's licence was due for renewal about the time she informed DVLA of a reportable medical condition. She didn't get her new licence for just over a year. 

Best of luck dealing with this useless organisation... if she rang them a recorded message would say that there was no-one available to take the call, telling her to use the online chat before cutting her off. The on-line chat, of course, was always closed. Letters went unanswered... they really are unfit for purpose.
  • Billxx
    Options
    My new licence without the restrictions came through today!  Started corresponding with DVLA in April, medical/driving assessment submitted 5th June.  That's 23 weeks for the DVLA to process the assessment, and 7 months from start the of process.

Kind Regards,

Bill
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family