Options
2»

Comments

• BungalowBel
    BungalowBel Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 February at 5:17PM
    Options
    My husband and I do occasional work for these  :  https://homepetpeople.co.uk/

Before we signed up (over twelve years ago now) we had to provide four references and we are fully insured against breakages etc.  My husband and I also have DBS checks, although this is not compulsory for sitters.  We only have a couple of regular clients now (by our choice), but we used to do a lot more.  A pre-visit (for the cost of mileage) is undertaken with every new client to see if there is a good match and for the sitter to get to know where everything is, how you want your pet to be looked after, where the sitter is to sleep, where they can store their food, how to use alarms etc..  We provide our own food.

This is not a free service, I believe it costs about the same as kennels, but you get your home and animals looked after while you're away . It is better for the animals to stay in their own home.  We provide our own food.

I for one wouldn't fancy a free service.  Too many people just looking for a free holiday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback